Feb 24 2021: the Dutch government announced the relaxation of some measures in the coronavirus lockdown on Tuesday evening.
From March 3rd it will be allowed for young adults, aged between 18-26, to play sports in groups. The infection rate is still too high to allow for any further relaxations.
What does this mean for tennis at DDV?
- From March 3rd, youth players and young adults up to the age of 26 are allowed to play and train in largers groups, be it outdoors. They do not have to keep 1.5 meters distance. These players are allowed to play doubles and inter-club matches.
- Adults aged 27 and up can only play tennis outdoors with two people. They need to keep 1.5 meters distance. For those from the same household, playing doubles is allowed.
- Adults aged 27 and up are allowed to train but only in groups of 2 people and while retaining 1.5 meters distance.
- It is not allowed to play tennis indoors.
- No official matches are allowed.
- Spectators are not allowed.
- Dressing rooms and kanteens remain closed.
Click here for the full report on the extra measures taken by the national government.