Nov 3 2020 The cabinet has taken extra measures to combat the corona virus.
To reduce group formation and social contacts, among other things, the group size for adults is reduced to a maximum of 2 people. The measures come in addition to the "partial lockdown" and will take effect on Wednesday evening November 4 at 10 p.m. and will apply for 2 weeks.
The temporary intensification of the measures is necessary in order to reduce the number of infections more quickly and to reduce the pressure on healthcare. The extra measures apply throughout the Netherlands, everyone must take their responsibility. Sports and exercise are healthy and we are happy that we can continue to play tennis for the next two weeks, but with more restrictions unfortunately.
Government guidelines for sports have been discussed with NOC * NSF and the sports federations. The Responsible Sports Protocol of NOC * NSF is leading and the following is now the result:
- A maximum of 2 adults (from 18 years) can play sports together (indoors and outdoors). They must keep a distance of 1.5 meters from each other. You can therefore still play tennis, but with a maximum of two people on a court (no doubles). Only singles is allowed for the next 2 weeks.
- For training a maximum of 2 adults on a court (excluding trainer); Training groups of 4 adults or more are possible, as long as they are clearly visible in groups of 2 players per court (with a distance of 1.5 meters) and the groups are not mixed.
- Children up to and including 17 years old may continue to play and train in larger groups and do not have to keep 1.5 meters between themselves while exercising.
- No matches are allowed to be played.
- Exceptions apply to top athletes.
- Public is not allowed.
- Sports canteens, changing rooms and showers are closed.
From November 19, we will fall back to the "partial lockdown" and the measures of October 14 will apply. We expect to have to maintain this until mid-December.